Two Hours Prior To Your Colonic:
It is best not to eat anything and to drink lightly two hours before your colonic session. Having a bowel movement prior to your session is certainly not essential but if you do feel the need to do so, emptying the rectum with a bowel movement just prior to the colonic saves time and permits more to be accomplished.
Drink Plenty of Liquids:
- Pure Water (drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day).
- Herbal Teas
- Electrolyte Liquids
Replace Intestinal Flora
Eat Soups for 24 Hours After Procedure
- Vegetable soup is best.
- Pureed (blended) soups are also recommended.
Avoid Eating Raw Vegetables For 3 Days
- Cooked veggies and raw fruits are sufficient.
- Chew well
Reduce heavy meat consumption for three days.
- Consider eliminating meats altogether.
Dieting After Colon Hydrotherapy
To sustain the greatest long term benefits from colon hydrotherapy, each meal should include these five things to be a complete meal for proper digestion. Proper digestion means proper assimilation of foods for conversion into energy.
- Oils (Lipids)
- Liquids – Juices, Purified Water
Naturally, you will also want to avoid foods that you know have a history of creating bowel disturbances and poor digestion for your body.
Tips For A Healthy Colon
Eat Plenty of Fiber
- Apple sauce
- Prune Juice
- Fiber Supplements (make sure that your supplement has the right amount of soluble and nonsoluble fiber.
Add Flax Seed Oil
- Omega 3, 6 and 9 are important essential fatty acids.
- Important for a healthy colon, skin, joints and brain.
- Protect cell walls against free radical damage.
Take Probiotic Supplements
- Friendly bacteria which live in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Assist in keeping the tract clean.
- Keep down the growth of yeast in the colon.
Avoid Simple Carbohydrates
- Low nutrition, low fiber foods.
- Examples include white flour products, rice, pasta, bread, sugar, etc.
Drink Aloe Vera Juice
- A regular, daily course of Aloe Vera Juice will help to keep the digestive tract clean and free of debris.